Worthington & Harrop






 

Location and period of operation:

Worthington & Harrop

Hanley

1856

July 1873

  (See sources)

Manufacturer of parian and earthenware at the Dresden works, Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent.

  • The partners were John Worthington and William Harrop (1856-64) and then Thomas Worthington and William Harrop (1864-73).

  • "From 1856 until 1864, they were carried on by John Worthington and William Harrop; from that time until 1875 by Thomas Worthington and William Harrop under the style Worthington & Harrop;"

  • In a 1869 trade directory was recorded 'Worthington, Ridgway & Harrop' as china manufacturers. 

 

Formerly: Edward Raby

Concurrently: Worthington, Ridgway & Harrop

Subsequently: William Harrop

 



Worthington & Harrop
Parian Manufacturers
 Tinkersclough, Hanley

Keates Directory 1865
 
 



Worthington & Harrop
Parian Manufacturers
Mount Pleasant Works, Tinkersclough, Hanley

Keates Directory 1869  

 



Worthington & Harrop
Parian Manufacturers
Dresden Works, Tinkersclough, Hanley

Keates Directory 1873  

adverts courtesy of:
R K Henrywood
'Staffordshire Potters 1781-1900'

 


The London Gazette, August 5 1873 

notice of the dissolution of the partnership
of Worthington & Harrop 


Initials used on ware for identification:

W & H


- click for information on the Dresden Works -


Questions/comments/contributions? email: Steve Birks