Location and period of operation:
Earthenware manufacturer at the Bradwell Works, Davenport Street, Longport, Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent.
The partnership started in September 1893.
The partners were Alfred Capper (who had previously been in business with his relative William Capper) and Arthur Wood.
By mutual concent the partnership was dissolved in May 1904 and continued by Arthur Wood.
Previously: Alfred Capper & Company
Subsequently: Arthur Wood
London Gazette 29 Sept 1893
notice of the
dissolution of Alfred Capper & Co. and the
formation of Capper & Wood
London Gazette 31 May 1904
notice of the dissolution of Capper & Wood
earthenware tankard by Capper & Wood
C & W
Capper & Wood
mark on the tankard
the registration number 270718
dates from May 1896
jug by Capper & Wood
Capper & Wood seemed to specialise in this faux woodgrain style of decoration
all the three items shown here have the same registration number: 270718
this evidently refers to the
pattern with the shield, beading bands
and guilding decoration
questions/comments/contributions? email: Steve Birks