C Hobson & Son






 

Location and period of operation:

C Hobson & Son

Burslem

1865

1880

(See sources)

Charles Hobson (& Sons) were earthenware manufacturers at the Albert Street Pottery, Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent

Charles Hobson had been a partner in the pottery firm 'Morgan, Wood & Co.', in 1885 he left the partnership
and bought the Albert Street Pottery from the short lived 'Dix & Tundley' who had gone out of business the year before.

It was about 1873 that one of his sons  joined the business and '& Son' was added to the name. 

Subsequently: G & J Hobson  

 

 


 

cup and saucer by Charles Hobson in the Ningpo pattern
cup and saucer by Charles Hobson in the Ningpo pattern 

 

 

cheese cover by Charles Hobson in the Belus pattern
cheese cover by Charles Hobson in the Belus pattern 

 


 

Initials and marks used on ware for identification:

 

C H

 

C H & S
the '& S' was added c.1873  

 

CHARLES HOBSON
the full name in a garter-shaped mark
was used - ofter with the pattern 
name in the middle 

 



Charles Hobson
operated from the
Albert Street Pottery

- click picture for more - 


questions/comments/contributions? email: Steve Birks