Hope & Carter






 

Location and period of operation:

Hope & Carter

Burslem

1862

1880

 (See sources)

John Hope was formerly in partnership with Pinder and Bourne as Pinder, Bourne & Hope

Earthenware manufacturer at Fountain Place, Burslem. 

A letter in the Victoria and Albert Museum reads: " .. business will be carried on by Thomas Pinder and Joseph Harvey Bourne, under the firm Pinder, Bourne & Co a the manufactory in Nile Street, and by John Hope and John Carter under the firm Hope & Carter at the manufactory...."  here the letter is torn.
[from Godden "British Pottery & Porcelain Marks"]

Works taken over by G L Ashworth & Bros, c1880

 

 

Initials used on ware for identification:

H & C

HOPE & CARTER