Hulse & Adderley






 

Location and period of operation:

Hulse & Adderley

Longton

1869

1875

(See sources)

Hulse & Adderley operated at the Daisy Bank Works, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent. Manufacturing china and earthenware

 

previously: Hulse, Nixon & Adderley [1853-68]

subsequently: W.A. Adderley & Co. [1876-1905] 

 

 


 

bottom centre is the Daisy Bank Works

- click picture for more - 

 


 

Hulse & Adderley platter - the pattern is CANTON
Hulse & Adderley platter - the pattern is CANTON
based on a simplified Willow Pattern

 

Hulse & Adderley platter in the traditional Willow Pattern
Hulse & Adderley platter in the traditional Willow Pattern

 

 

Hulse & Adderley flow blue cake stand
Hulse & Adderley flow blue cake stand

this stand bears a registration diamond 
with the date of 27 July 1874

 

 

 

 

 

Initials & Marks used on ware for identification:

H & A

earlier ware was marked with
the initials H & A
 

 


Hulse & Adderley
earlier Hulse & Adderley mark
with the initials H & A

CANTON is the pattern name

 


 STAFFORDSHIRE
STONE CHINA
 H & A

mark with a crown and the Stafford knot
Stone China is not real bone china it was
a type of earthenware

 

Hulse & Adderley mark
later Hulse & Adderley mark
with the initials H & A and the
trade mark sailing ship

the sailing ship mark was retained by
the subsequent companies

the registration diamond gives the
date of 27 July 1874
- see more -

  


questions/comments/contributions? email: Steve Birks