Jones, Hopkinson and Sherwin


Location and period of operation:

Jones, Hopkinson & Sherwin



Aug 1891

(See sources)

Earthenware and Tile manufacturers at the Renalagh Works, Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent

  • Renalagh Street was off Bethesda Street, Hanley.

  • The partners were William and Thomas Jones, Frederick Ambrose Hopkinson and David Sherwin.

  • F A Hopkinson retired in August 1887. The business continued with the name Jones, Hopkinson & Sherwin. 

  • The partnership was dissolved in August 1891 and David Sherwin continued in his own account.


Previously: Jones and Hopkinson 

Subsequently: David Sherwin


 The London Gazette,  September 2 1887

notice of the retirement of F A Hopkinson from
the business of Jones, Hopkinson & Sherwin


 The London Gazette,  August 14 1891

notice of the dissolution of the partnership between
William Jones and David Sherwin 

Questions/comments/contributions? email: Steve Birks