Carlton & Kent (Ltd)


Location and period of operation:

Carlton & Kent

Longton / Fenton  
(Old Foley)



 (See sources)

Short lived Earthenware manufacturer at the Old Foley Pottery, Stoke-on-Trent

NOTE: The small district of Foley is very close to the municipal boundary between Fenton and Longton

  • The original company was James Kent which was founded in 1897. 

  • In 1987 the business became part of County Potteries PLC. 

  • In 1989 County Potteries was renamed Carlton & Kent (from the names of Carlton Ware and James Kent which the company owned). During the same year Carlton & Kent went into receivership and the James Kent part was purchased by M. R. Hadida Ltd., owners of Hadida Fine Bone China Ltd.

  • The company was renamed James Kent (1989) Ltd.


Questions/comments/contributions? email: Steve Birks