Lancaster & Barker


Location and period of operation:

Lancaster & Barker



July 1899

 (See sources)

Manufacture of earthenware and Jet at the Dresden works, Tinkersclough, in Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent.

  • Formerly Lancaster and Barker at the Shelton Works, Hanley.

  • Around 1896 they moved to the Dresden Works.

  • The partners were Frederick John Lancaster, Emily Lancaster and Edward John Barker.

  • This partnership was dissolved in July 1899 and continued by Frederick John Lancaster. 


Formerly: Lancaster & Barker (at the Shelton Works)

Subsequently: Lancaster & Sons

The London Gazette, July 21 1899


notice of the dissolution of the partnership
of Lancaster & Barker

- click for information on the Dresden Works -

questions/comments/contributions? email: Steve Birks