Minton, Hollins & Co


Location and period of operation:

Minton, Hollins & Co




 (See sources)

Tile manufacturers, Stoke, Stoke-on-Trent

Herbert Minton entered into partnership with Michael Hollins in 1845 and formed the tile making firm of Minton Hollins & Co.

The company was purchased by Johnsons in 1968 who continued to use the name and still today (2013) offer a 'Minton Hollins collection' of tiles. 

Minton, Hollins & Co. were the most famed and prolific manufacturer - for most of the Victorian era their tiles were used in The Palace of Westminster (The UK Houses of Parliament), US Capitol, Victoria & Albert Museum and many other prestigious buildings.


Selected by the Committee for the Staffordshire Potteries 
to exhibit at the Paris Universal Exhibition of 1855



Initials used on ware for identification:


M H & Co

& CO


works built in 1869 for Minton Hollins Tile Company

- click for more information -  


Minton, Hollins & Co advert - 1891
Minton, Hollins & Co advert - 1891 


Minton, Hollins & Co advert - 1903
Minton, Hollins & Co advert - 1903 


questions/comments/contributions? email: Steve Birks