Paramount Pottery Co Ltd






 

Location and period of operation:

Paramount Pottery Co Ltd

Hanley

1946

  1950s

Earthenware manufacturer at Ranleigh Street, Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent 

  • Paramount Pottery was established by Charles Griffith Bowers who was the son of C.H. Bowers [who was the Managing Director of Booths of Tunstall]. Charles Griffith Bowers followed the same career path with Booths, moving to Keele Street Pottery in 1946. C.G. Bowers died in 1961.

  • The Paramount Pottery was the base for C.G. Bower's acquisition of other pottery companies who all became part of the Keele Street Pottery Group

  • In 1950 the group changed its name to Staffordshire Potteries Limited and in 1951 began to lease building at the nearby Meir Airport. Paramount Pottery became a production unit of Staffordshire Potteries and during the 1950s Paramount Pottery closed. 

 

 



cheese keep 

 


 


milk jug 

 


 


fox & hounds tea set 

 


 


cottage teapot 

 


 


Chef Ware
all Chef Ware is blue and white striped 

 

Marks and initials used on ware for identification:

 


Paramount Pottery
Co Ltd
England 



Paramount Pottery
Staffordshire
England
Hand Painted



PCC
England

Paramount Pottery
Staffordshire
England
Hand Painted

sometimes the PCC England mark appears on its own
without the printed mark



Staffordshire
Chef Ware
Made in England



Staffordshire
Ironstone
Chef Ware
Made in England

the 'Chef Ware' name was used on the blue & white ware


Questions, comments, contributions? email: Steve Birks