Edward Pearson


Location and period of operation:

Edward Pearson




 (See sources)

  Earthenware manufacturer at Liverpool Road (now named Westport Road), Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent

NOTE: Edward Pearson moved to Cobridge (The Abbey Works) in c.1852


Pearson, John and Edward, Burslem and Cobridge, Staffs

"John Pearson originally worked as a member of the firm of Buxton, Room & Pearson, which dissolved partnership to July 1831 (Staffordshire Advertiser, 30 July 1831) the business being continued by A. B. Buxton and J. Pearson.

By 1834 John Pearson had become sole owner and was potting in Newcastle Street, Burslem. He was succeeded by Edward Pearson, who in 1851 had moved to Liverpool Road. Later still he took the Abbey Works at Cobridge where he made ironstone china and earthenware."

"The Concise Encyclopedia of English Pottery and Porcelain" Mankowitz and Hagger


comments/questions/contributions? email: Steve Birks