Pratt & Simpson


Location and period of operation:

Pratt & Simpson




Earthenware manufacturers at Lane Delph Pottery, Park Street, Fenton, Stoke-on-Trent

  • Originally a partnership between John Pratt (formerly of John Pratt & Co) and Joseph Simpson. 

  • At some time John Pratt retired and Joseph Gimson joind the business which continued as Pratt & Simpson.

  • In March 1882 Pratt retired and Simpson continued on his own account


Formerly: John Pratt & Co

Subsequently: Wallis Gimson & Co


London Gazette
March 14, 1882

notice of the dissolution of the partnership between
Joseph Gimson and Joseph Simpson


Pratt & Simpson
Lane Delph Pottery, Fenton, Staffordshire

The Pottery Gazette,  1st September 1880 

Pratt & Simpson brown transferware plate 


plate in the Floris Linga pattern 


Pratt & Simpson platter 



White ironstone teapot
with Eagle Head handle 



Marks & initials used on ware for identification:


P & S

Pratt & Simpson

Pratt & Simpson

impressed mark

Semi Porcelaine
Pratt & Simpson
printed mark with impressed registration diamond


questions/comments/contributions? email: Steve Birks