Location and period of operation:
Beech & Tellwright
Earthenware manufacturer at Sneyd Green, Cobridge, Stoke-on-Trent
The partners were Frederick Beech and William Edward Tellwright.
Probably sharing the Lincoln Pottery, in Sneyd Street with Bates & Bennett who operated there from 1868 to 1895.
The partnership of Beech & Tellwright was dissolved in February 1884 and the business continued by William Edward Tellwright and Levi Stanway as Stanway & Tellwright.
An advert for The Lincoln Pottery Co. in the January 1885 Pottery Gazette records them as 'late Beech & Tellwright'
Subsequently: Stanway & Tellwright and The Lincoln Pottery Co.
London Gazette, April 1884
notice recording the dissolution of the partnership at
Lincoln Pottery, Cobridge between Frederick Beech and
William Edward Tellwright and the formation
of a new partnership between
William Edward Tellwright and Levi Stanway.
this 1885 advert records the continuation of Beech & Tellwright as The Lincoln Pottery Co.
The Lincoln Pottery Co. (late Beech & Tellwright)
Gazette, January 1885
Questions/comments/contributions? email: Steve Birks