Stoke-on-Trent, North Staffordshire 

 Local History Documents 

A section of documents (letters, wills, deeds etc) which give interesting insight
into the history of the area of Stoke-on-Trent, North Staffordshire, England. 


  Index of documents
Article in an 1881 edition of 'The Engineer' - giving details of William Boultons power driven pottery equipment.     
The address given by the Right Hon. W. E. Gladstone, M.P., Chancellor of the Exchequer on the 26th of October, 1863, after he laid the Foundation Stone of the Wedgwood Memorial Institute, Burslem.  
Details of a bible once owned by Thomas Wedgwood and later by Enoch Wood the famous potters of Burslem
Copy of deportation documents of Jacob Elson, in 1848 he was convicted of stealing a jacket at Tunstall and in 1851 was transported to Tasmania for 10 years. He was 16 years old.
Copy of the will of Ralph Sympson of Hanley, an 'Earth Potter'
Dated: 4th October 1679
Copy of a letter of Joseph Hawley a potter of Burslem
Dated: 20th November 1827
Copy of a title dead surrendering a piece of land in Shelton (now Hanley) to Job Ridgway (for use for Bethesda Chapel)
Dated: 11th June 1798
Copy of an Indenture declaring a Trust of a Chapel called Bethesda
Dated: 31st August 1803


  [ Questions / Comments / Contributions ? email: Steven Birks ]