View of St. Peters
as it fronts Glebe Street
Church. 1826-1830 by Trubshaw and Johnson.
Renovated inside in 1888. Ashlar faced.
Commissioners Gothic style, with west tower, nave
and two isles, chancel. West tower of 3 stages with polygonal
angle buttresses forming pinnacles to parapet which also has blank
traceried battlements. Simple chamfered arch to west door with
hood mould carried on corbel heads.
3-light window with transom over, clock, and paired
lights to bell chamber. Door in flat porch against south wall.
Aisles divided into 5 bays by buttresses with crocketed pinnacles.
3-light traceried window with transom in each bay with stained
glass in lower panels. Chancel of 2 bays with large polygonal
angle buttresses, and 5-light Perpendicular style east window.
Interior reported as having Saxon font, stained
glass east window by David Evans and monuments including those to
Josiah wedgwood by Flaxman (Relief portrait medallion), Josiah
Spode II and John Bourne.