Arial view of the Festival Site - taken seven months before the opening
To the left is the Trent &
Mersey Canal, beyond the canal is the remaining part of
British Steel, Shelton Works, which continued to roll steel until April 2000.
At the bottom of the photo is the A53 Etruria Road, below the road is Etruria Park.
Etruria Hall can be seen in the approximate middle of the picture.
| Map of the
Festival Site |
| 1900 OS map of the area used for the Festival Site |