Photo's taken during the Festival
Wedgwood's Etruria Hall - used as the Festival Headquarters
Etruria Hall was constructed for Josiah Wedgwood between 1768 and 1771 to a design produced by Joseph Pickford on rising ground midway between the factory and the Ridge House. The house was clearly visible from the other side of the valley, a conscious expression of the wealth and social standing of its owner. As Wedgwood’s family increased in size preparations were made for extending the house and in 1780 two wings, two stories in height, joined by a single story corridor were added to the Hall.
After the Festival the Hall became part of the Moat House Hotel.
on Etruria Hall
The wooden fort