Henry de Audley | People from Stoke-on-Trent

| index: A | 

Henry de Audley

[ Web Site Index ]


In the early 13th century the estate known as Rushton comprising 420 acres was the property of Henry de Audley. In 1223 he included the estate among the endowments of the Cistercian abbey at Hulton. The monks established a grange or sheep farm on the land which they held until the dissolution of the monasteries by Henry VIII in 1538. 

| Ruston Grange |