Famous Potters of Stoke-on-Trent
Cauldon Ltd., Cauldon Place, Shelton, Hanley. Staffordshire
Mark: Royal Cauldon England, Est. 1774. Made in England
Cauldon Ltd. Succeeded Brown, Westhead, Moore &
Co., at Cauldon Place, Hanley in 1905.
In about 1910 the pattern number sequence was expressed under the letter 'T'.
In 1920 the firm was retitled Cauldon Potteries Ltd.
In 1962 the firm was divided when the porcelain side was continued by E.W. Brain & Co. Ltd., now Coalport, which in turn is part of the Wedgwood group.
The trade style Cauldon Potteries Ltd. Was re-established by the Perkes Ceramic Group of the Kingston &
Ferrybridge Potteries in Yorkshire in 1985.
Cauldon Potteries Ltd. was acquired by Pountney & Co.
Ltd. of Bristol during the later part of 1962. Some former Cauldon Ltd. Marks were continued after 1920
name "Cauldon" on several printed marks of differing design:
name of the individual pattern is often included, 1905-20.
On some marks "Ltd." or "Limited" is added to Cauldon
questions / comments? email: Steve Birks