Moore started the St. Mary pottery factory in 1862. In 1865 he
was joind by his son Bernard.
the death of their father Bernard was joined by his younger
brother Samuel Vincent. In 1905 the business closed and the
works were sold to Thomas C Wild.
Moore started business as a 'Consultant Potter' and was
instrumental in reviving and developing speciality glazes such
as Sang-de-boeuf, Rouge Flambé, Luster and Transmutation