Master Potters in Georgian Burslem (1714-1837)
Wedgwood Street (now New Street)
The name Wedgwood dominates this area of the town. On the North-East side of the town was the property of the Wedgwood factory either of the Big House or the Over House. John & Thomas Wedgwood were the biggest and wealthiest property owners as well as pottery manufacturers in Burslem in the middle of the 18th C.
Location 5 on
the index map
Wedgwood Street (now New Street),
Wedgwood in the Over House Estate.
next stop is Enoch Wood's Fountain Works
questions/comments/contributions? email: Steve Birks