Master Potters in Georgian Burslem (1714-1837)
T Hargreaves: map of the Potteries and Newcastle-under-Lyme, 1832
This map and the 1740 Heaton map show's the growth of the town between 1740 & 1832
The Burslem Branch
canal was built in 1805 after a campaign
led by Enoch Wood.
The canal company built a new road "Navigation Rd" from Burslem Wharf
to St. John Square, along which they ran a horse-drawn
tramway to the town centre.
Waterloo Road built 1814-17
Moorland Road built 1820
Newcastle Street built 1812
questions/comments/contributions? email: Steve Birks