|A walk around
Dresden, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent
Dresden & the Longton Freehold Land Society
location 8 on the map |tour map|
on the corner of Carlise and Cobden Street
Cobden Street named after Richard Cobden MP - the founder of the Anti-Corn Law League
Cobden Street to the left and
Carlise Street to the right
The Park Inn public house in the backgrond.
photos: June 2001
The Elim Church was built on the site of a Methodist New Connexion Chapel which is shown on the 1878 OS map of Carlise Street.
The gate post of the original church can be seen still in place
previous: Cottages in Villers Street
next: Park Inn public House