Etruria: Etruria and Josiah Wedgwood (1760 onwards)
Location 5 on
the index map
There was a Sunday school at the back of the church which originally occupied a thatched building. In 1851 this was attended by 180 children.
By 1864 this had been replaced by the present building which has now (2000) been sold off and is occupied as a separate property.
The Sunday School at the back of the Methodist Church
The 1864 Sunday School fronts onto Cavour Street.
next is Etruria Cottage - home of Jessie Shirley
questions/comments/contributions? email: Steve Birks