Longport: The 'Kingdom' of Davenport (1760's - mid 19th C))
Location 18 on
the index map
Factory on the right of Pidduck Street, next to bridge 125.
This factory was a flour mill and later Price's bread factory.
Just out of sight further down the
Trent & Mersey canal
is the rear of the Burgess & Leigh factory.
On the left is an early 19th C calcining works with later additions.
A grade 2 listed building (heritage no. 102A), brick and tiled roof, courtyard and kilns.
The canal is the Trent and Mersey and we are looking towards Etruria.
next is the changing level of the Fowlea Valley
questions/comments/contributions? email: Steve Birks