Standing on the corner of Waterloo
Road and Regent Street East (renamed
in the early 1950's to Zion Street).
Built in 1824 as the Bethel Methodist Church. This chapel with its
five bays and the bay pediment, was built at a time of religious
fervor. The wings provided space for schoolrooms and the preachers
house. Originally the facade, like the sides, was of brick; stucco
was added much later. The impressive galleried interior sat a
thousand worshipers, at a time when Burslem's entire population was
not much more than 12,000.