Brook Street Works, Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent
| Brook Street was renamed Century Street in the early 1950's |
NOTE: There was also the Pearl Pottery in the same road.
|1844||1864||Worthington & Green|
|1864||1893||Worthington & Son|
|1887||1901||A Fenton & Sons (& Co)|
"Brook Street Works These works were under the partnership of Worthington and Green from 1844 to 1864. Messrs. Worthington and Son continued until 1893 and produced earthenware and stoneware, both for home and foreign markets."
'Jewitt's Ceramic Art of Great Britain 1800-1900'
The Brook Street Works were built in c.1842 by Thomas Worthington, and was bombed during World War II, when in the possession of the Pearl Pottery Co. Ltd. The firm was closed during the war, and sold in 1947.
Brook Street (now Century Street) in the 1890's
The works can been
seen at the junction of Brook Street (to the right)
and Clarence Street (to the left) (now Samson Street).
Questions/comments? email: Steve Birks