Churches and Chapels of Stoke-on-Trent
St. Michael & All Angels
Anglican Mission Church,
| Index of Churches and Chapels | Index of Hanley Churches |
St. Michael and All Angels was a mission church of the Parish Church of St. Luke's, Wellington.
This a brick building in Bucknall Road (later renamed Bucknall Old Road) opened c.1912. It was closed in 1946.
By 1959 it was used as a physical training centre, run by the City of Stoke-on-Trent. Later (by 2000) used as a gym.
By 2008 was empty and redundant. In 2010 it was refurbished and re-opened the by Holy Catholic Church – Western Rite.
St. Michael and Alll Angels Anglican Church, Bucknall Old Road, Hanley
in this 2000 photo the redundant church was being used as a fitness centre
St. Michael's Church
Holy Catholic Church, Western Rite,
Our Lady & St Michael,
Orthodox Traditional Faith
The Holy Catholic Church – Western Rite building in Newport Lane, Middleport, was the subject of a compulsory purchase order as it fell within a regeneration area and was due to be bulldozed.
The redundant and empty St. Andrew's church was refurbished and a rededication ceremony held on the 19th June 2010.
St. Michael's Anglican Church, Bucknall Old Road, Hanley
on the bottom right corner is Northwood Athletics Track
Holy Catholic Church, Western Rite
St. Luke's Church - the Parish Church of the Wellington district
Bucknall Old Road
Index of Churches and Chapels
Index of Hanley Churches
Christian Heritage of Stoke-on-Trent