Pubs of Stoke-on-Trent

The Olde Crown - Burslem



| index of Pubs, Inns & Beer Houses |
|
Index of Burslem Pubs |

 

The Olde Crown - Burslem
The Olde Crown - Burslem

Westport Road (was Liverpool Road)

photo: 2008

 

Bottle oven from Westport Road.
Bottle oven from Westport Road
The picture includes Ye Olde Crown and Queens Chambers (8 Westport Road)

photo: Chris Allen June 1989
and licensed for reuse under this
Creative Commons Licence

 

Ye Olde Crown public house stands on Westport Road in Burslem, formerly known as Liverpool Road until 1878, and previously to that called Hill Street.
It is believed to have been constructed before 1812, with the landlord stating in 1982 that he holds the land deeds dating back to 1669. The building is bay fronted with moulded timber surround and central doorway with an internal porch. The door is panelled, above which a wrought iron pub sign is displayed.
 

photo: The Potteries Museum & Art Gallery, Staffordshire Past Tracks

 

 

Fountain Place area in 1851
Fountain Place area in 1851

The Cock Inn and The Hop Pole are no more -
the Old Crown Inn and the New Inn are still in existence

 

see larger area map