Stoke-on-Trent | Postcards of Fenton
Postcards of Fenton - High Street East
High Street East, Fenton
Taken from the same spot as the previous picture
but looking in the opposite direction towards Longton.
On the right at the corner of Church Street can be seen the corner
of the Fenton 'Athenaeum' built by William Baker IV with a newsroom,
library and laboratory. It was demolished in 1977.
The houses on the right were built for the workers at Bakers potworks
these are long gone and the area is now the site of a car park.
All the buildings on the left remain standing.
next: is Duke Street - to Heron Cross (1910)
previous: was The Royal Oak, High Street East