Master Potters in Georgian Burslem (1714-1837)
New Church Street (now William Clowes Street)
Location 14 on
the index map
At the bottom of Church Street can be seen St.John's Church.
Church Street was built in the
late 18th C to improve the connection
between the parish church and town centre.
Enoch Wood played a key role in these improvements.
This street (now
William Clowes Street) no longer gives
access to the church - the works which block the street
are those of Johnson Matthey.
A fine example of a Georgian house in New Church Street.
next is Old Church Street
questions/comments/contributions? email: Steve Birks