Master Potters in Georgian Burslem (1714-1837)
1878 Ordnance Survey Map
Behind the walls was an extensive private garden attached to the mansion house occupied by Enoch Wood (see 1832 map). Below the walls stood the firm's flint mill embellished with arched windows and embattled gables looking more like a church than an industrial building. The mill was demolished in c.1880.
Its former location, by Lyndhurst Street, is shown on the extract from the 1878 Ordnance Survey map.
questions/comments/contributions? email: Steve Birks