photo walk around Cobridge, Stoke-on-Trent
Cobridge: A Victorian Suburb
location 13 on the map |tour map|
Rushton Road was part of the development of Henry Meakin's estate, the land was offered for sale at the Queen's Hotel in Cobridge on 4th March 1879.
On the original Auction plan this road was named 'Station Road' because it led to Cobridge Railway Station, however by the time of the 1898 & 1924 OS map it was called 'Rushton Road'. It was named Ruston Road after the Rushton Grange Estate.
next: more housing in Ruston Road
previous: The Blue Bell Inn