Longport: The 'Kingdom' of Davenport (1760's - mid 19th C))
Location 15 on
the index map
Burslem grew rapidly in the early 19th century and the demand for wharfage facilities was met by the development of the area between Longport and Newport. By 1823 this area was known as “Middle Port”. Here a large new wharf had been opened by 1832 called 'Port Vale Wharf’ (see 1832 map) connected to Newcastle Street by Port Vale Street (originally Bag Street).
next is Burgess Dorling & Leigh - the model Victorian Pottery
questions/comments/contributions? email: Steve Birks