of Churches and Chapels |
| Index of Hanley Churches |
photos - 2000
"HANLEY, JASPER STREET.
In 1874 Bethesda Town Mission, presumably attached to Bethesda Chapel,
was erected in Jasper Street. This was called the Worthington Town
Mission by 1884 and by this date had evidently separated from the
Methodist New Connexion"
a Plated Trowel exists in the possession of Raymond Wyatt (a descendant of the Worthingtons) with the following inscription on the trowel:
"Presented to Mrs Thomas Worthington on the occasion of laying The Corner Stone of Bethesda Town Mission Hall, Hanley on May 11th 1874".
updated: 11 March 2003