Location and period of operation:
George Hobson was an earthenware manufacturer at the Albert Street Pottery, Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent
His father, Charles Hobson, had started the business in 1865 and on his death the brothers George and John continued the business.
From 1901 George Hobson ran the business on his own.
In 1906 George changed the name from the 'Albert Street Pottery' to the 'Sneyd Pottery' - this was to remove confusion with
the 'Albert Street Works' which was a differnt pottery business in the same street.
Previously: G & J Hobson
an earthenware mug made by George Hobson - in the FIRE BRIGADE pattern
Initials and marks used on ware for identification:
the horses head was a trade mark
of George Hobson
the letter 'B'
stanfs for Burslem-
the town where the factory was located
'FIRE BRIGADE' was a pattern name
G & J Hobson
operated from the
Albert Street Pottery
- click picture for more -
questions/comments/contributions? email: Steve Birks