G & J Hobson






 

Location and period of operation:

G & J Hobson

Burslem

1880

1901

(See sources)

George and John Hobson were earthenware manufacturers at the Albert Street Pottery, Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent

Their father, Charles Hobson, had started the business in 1865 and on his death they continued the business. 

Previously: Charles Hobson (& Son)   

Subsequently: George Hobson

 



G & J Hobson
Albert Pottery, Burslem

Pottery Gazette, January 1885 

 


 

Initials and marks used on ware for identification:

 

HOBSON'S

 


Hobson's
trade mark of G & J Hobson

other marks were used with the name Hobson's

source: Godden's
Encyclopaedia of British Pottery
and Porcelain Marks
 
 

 



G & J Hobson
operated from the
Albert Street Pottery

- click picture for more - 


questions/comments/contributions? email: Steve Birks