Holland & Green


Location and period of operation:

Holland & Green




(See sources)

Earthenware  & China manufacturers at the Stafford Street Works, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent

  • The partners were John Green and Elisha Holland. John Green's father was a partner in the firm Allerton, Brough & Green

  • In 1861 the firm of Holland & Green employed 146 people and by 1871 this had risen to 258. 

  • By 1881 both John Green and Elisha Holland had died and their executors dissolved the business. 


Previously: C & W K Harvey

Subsequently: Green, Clark & Clay


Holland & Green
advert for 1864 directory


Holland & Green
advert for 1865 directory

courtesy: Staffordshire Potteries 1781-1900 - R K Henrywood



Initials & Marks used on ware for identification:

H & G



The London Gazette, 25 March 1881


notice of the dissolution of the partnership of Holland & Green



- click for more on the Stafford Street Works -


Questions/comments/contributions? email: Steve Birks