Ian Baileys photos of pottery factories of Stoke-on-Trent

Dudson Pottery, Hanley
photo - 1983

Dudson Pottery frontage - Hope Street is to the left and York Street to the right.

The Dudson Hope Street factory was founded in 1800 eventually closed in 1980 and all production moved to Burslem and Tunstall.

on Hope Street Works


Boundary Works
King Street Fenton, built 1819



The Phoenix Works, King Street Fenton

Phoenix Works of Thomas Forester - built 1881
Adjacent to the Boundary Works

on the Phoenix Works


Donport Factory
King Street Fenton

Part of Enoch Wood Fountain Works, Burslem

on Burslem & Wood


The Florence Works, Uttoxeter Road, Longton

Florence Works built 1876, Uttoxeter Road, Longton
Opposite T.C. Wild



John Tams, Longton
 corner Stafford Street & Commerce Street

photo: 1998

on Commerce Street


Wade Heath Pottery Works, Burslem
Westport Road, built originally 1814

on Wade's


The Roundhouse at the Wedgwood Factory, Etruria
photo: 1976

on the Round House
on Wedgwood and Etruria


Twyfords, Cliffe Vale
photo taken from the far bank of the Trent & Mersey Canal

The plaque on the building next to the bottle kilns reads: 'TWT 1879'

on Twyfords Cliffe Vale Factory
on history of  Twyfords


Metallic Tiles, Near Chesterton, Newcastle
Beehive ovens for firing bricks
photo: 1977

on brickmaking


Wheatly Brickworks
Beehive ovens
photo: 1983



Private train and railway of the old Wheatly brickworks
taking clay from the marl hole to the works.

photo: 1972


photos  - Ian Bailey