Stoke-on-Trent - Advert of the week
C. T. Lycett, Fountain Buildings, Burslem
C. T. Lycett - Cycle Agent
C. T. Lycett - Blind Specialists
two adverts from..... 1907
'Business Reference Guide to The Potteries, Newcastle & District'
C. T. Lycett
the great Cycle and Motor Agent
Gramaphones, phonographs and records
Window blind manufacturer
photo showing Lycett's shop on the corner of Packhorse Lane
Photo: Ewart Morris Collection
Lycett's shop was in the old
Enoch Wood Fountain Place pottery works
on the corner of Westport Road (was Liverpool Road) and Packhorse Lane
In 2000 the building was restored and converted into flats
Directly behind the fountain can be seen Lycett's Blinds Warehouse. Originally this formed part of Enoch Wood's very large Fountain Place Pottery Works, built in 1789.
This picture was taken from St. Johns Square - the fountain was at onetime removed to the Stoke-on-Trent museum in Hanley but in the late 1990's was restored and returned to the top of St. Johns Square.
Photo date: around 1905
Photo: Ian Bailey